How to set up your computer. Step by step.Expand text
1 )Go to Skype.com
2) Choose your operating system from the list on the right-hand side of your screen.
3) Scroll down until you see the “Download Now” button and click on it.
4) A new page will appear. Follow the simple instructions to complete the download.
5) Once Skype has been downloaded, click on the downloaded file to install Skype on your computer. The installation process may take several minutes.
6 )After installing Skype, click on the “Don’t have an account?” link to set up a free account.
7 If your computer did not come equipped with a built-in microphone, you will need to purchase and attach one. Microphones for computers are widely available and can be purchased online from retailers like amazon.com, or from your local computer store.
8) With Skype installed on your computer and a working microphone, you are ready.
What happens if there are problems with the sound?
If any problems occur with the sound due to an intermittent Internet connection, weak WiFi signal, faulty computer equipment, or Skype program issues, the interrupted lesson can be rescheduled (generally, a determination is made within the first 15 minutes whether to continue or re-schedule if necessary).
When it is an isolated problem the lesson or time lost will be made up without any additional cost thus, you will never miss out on a lesson due to technical problems!
Some recommendations to optimize audio and video quality:
1. Make sure Skype is kept updated. Find the latest version of Skype here.
2. Wear headphones/headset. If you hear echoes in the audio it can be because the other party’s speakers are too loud and generating feedback. Wear headphones and the echoes should subside instantly!
3. Adjust the light. Ample front lighting can mean the difference between talking to a real person and talking to a grainy ghostly silhouette.
4. Minimize ambient noise. Try to create a quiet, classroom-like environment while you are having a lesson.
5. Close other programs during the lesson. Overloading your Internet capacity with open programs could worsen audio and video quality.
6. Use Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi. Ethernet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
7. Ensure other users of the same Internet connection are not uploading or downloading movies, music, or large files in the background.
8. Disable backup software temporarily while on the call.
If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate in contacting me via the contact form.
Questions about times and schedules.Expand text
London Time is the current local time for the instructors and it is the time used on the Sunny Stories website for scheduling. This time is usually GMT-1 but can change if Daylight Savings Time is in effect. Current London Time is displayed on every page of this site and the scheduling page also reinforces this as well. Please note that all times are given in London Time unless otherwise noted.
I work all day; can I take classes at night and/or weekends?
Absolutely! Our programs are flexible enough to accommodate your busy schedule. You can take classes as early as 8 in the morning or as late as 9 in the evening. Want to take classes on a Sunday? No problem! Just write us a line and we’ll work around your schedule.
Can I cancel a lesson?
Sure, but the cancelation must not be less than 24 hours! Any lessons canceled 24 hours in advance can be rescheduled (usually within the same month). If there are technical problems, the lesson or lost time will be made up for.
What happens if I’m late or don’t show up for class?
The lesson will be considered void if the student does not appear by 15 minutes after the scheduled start time. That specific class is subsequently not reschedulable.
How we work with the student.Expand text
We offer comprehensive Spanish language courses aimed at developing the students’ ability to understand, speak, read and write in Spanish.
We use the communicative method (focuses on a language as a medium of communication; recognizing that all communication has a social purpose – that the learner has something to say or find out) and task-based language learning (which focuses on the use of authentic language and on asking students to do meaningful tasks using the target language. Such tasks can include visiting a doctor, conducting an interview, or calling customer service for help).
How do I know that I’m making progress?
Your progress is crucial to us. We monitor your progress and write a report after each class you take. At the end of your package, you’ll get a final report on all the work you have done during your program. We will have to take a test at the end of each level to be promoted to the next one.
How do I begin?
1. Contact us with the contact form and explain to us your level and objectives/goals.
Why is it beneficial to take Spanish lessons via Skype?
Flexibility: You have a private teacher available 7 days of the week and from 8am to 21pm, so you have a great flexibility to schedule your lessons, either before or after work / school or during the day.
Efficiency and cost (no additional travel time or costs)
Choice and comfort (have classes from your own living room, workspace, or local cafe)
Privacy and 1-to-1 tutelage….
To learn, improve, or refresh your Spanish (or simply maintain what you have already learned).
To get ready for an exam by answering last-minute questions, support from school or college (Spanish College Support)
To prepare DELE Examinations. (DELE Preparation Course)
To prepare yourself for interviews, oral presentations, and/or international meetings. (Business Spanish)
How do I made the payment?Expand text
Choose a package and select it and you will be redirected to a Paypal page where you will be able to complete your payment via credit card or Paypal account in your own currency.
Do you have a question?
Shoot us a line. We’ll love to hear from you!